Giving discounts to customers that order x number of the same product helps increase the revenue of your eCommerce store. It gives an incentive to the customer who was previously looking to purchase only a single item to purchase the product in larger quantities and save money.
How do bulk discounts work?
Bulk discounts work by providing a cheaper price to customers who order a minimum quantity for a product. For example, if a customer purchases 50 units of the same product then he will get a 10% discounted price.
In this article, we are going to share how you can set up and provide discounts to customers who are ordering a product in bulk. We are going to use the WooCommerce Bulk Discount plugin for this.
Steps to set up bulk discounts in your WooCommerce store
- Install and activate the WooCommerce Bulk Discount plugin.
- Edit the product you want to apply the bulk discount to from Products -> All Products.
- Scroll down to the Product data box. Select the Bulk Discount tab.
- Make sure the Bulk Discount enabled checkbox is ticked.
- Click on the Add discount line button.
- Enter the minimum quantity the customer has to purchase so they can benefit from the bulk discount in the Quantity field. Enter the discount percentage in the Discount field.
- Once done click on the Update button for the product.
Your customer will now get a 10% discount on purchasing 10 or more units of this product.
Bulk or quantity discounts have been famous throughout the history of businesses. It encourages the customer to purchase larger quantities and helps your eCommerce store generate more revenue. Using the WooCommerce Bulk Discount plugin you can easily start giving bulk discounts on your products. You can also use bulk discounts to clear older inventories or low selling products.