Buy one get one free or BOGO offers are proven to be effective in increasing the sales of any business. It also helps in reducing abandoned carts which is a serious problem for many eCommerce stores.
In this article, we are going to show how you can set up buy one get one free sale on your WooCommerce store. We are going to use the Advanced Coupons plugin for this.
Steps to start offering BOGO deals on your WooCommerce store
- Install and activate the Advanced Coupons for WooCommerce Coupons plugin.
- Navigate to WooCommerce -> Coupons from your admin dashboard.
- Click on the Add coupon button.
- Enter the coupon code for the BOGO deal in the Coupon code field.
- Scroll down to the Coupon data box and select the BOGO Deals menu.
- Under Select Trigger Type, click on the Add Product button.
- Enter the product name which will activate the BOGO deal, enter the minimum quantity required to activate the deal and click on the Add button. You can add more products by clicking on the Add Product button again.
- Under the Select Apply Type, the products which will be available for free should be selected. Click on the Add product button. Enter and select the names of the products. In Quantity you can enter the number of products that can be purchased for free. Let the Price/Discount be zero. Click on the Add button.
- Under Additional Settings, you can select if the deal should be applied only once or repeatedly. Then you can enter the text notifying the customer of the free deal offer in the cart page. Then in the Button URL you can link to the product or category page that is available for free with the offer. Once done click on the Save BOGO deals button.
Your BOGO deal is now ready and any customer purchasing the trigger product can buy the second product for free.
Now any customer wanting to use the BOGO deal will have to apply the BOGO coupon code that we created earlier in the cart page.
On applying the code a message box will appear notifying the user of free products available for purchase and a button taking them to the free products page that we entered under Button URL earlier.
On adding the free product to the cart the price for it will be zero.