Running a website costs money. The costs can be covered either by running advertisements on your website or adding a donation box. There could be other reasons for accepting donations too such as running a non profit organization, charity or collecting money for providing relief.
In this article we are going to share the best donation plugins for WordPress that will help you collect money and run a successful website.
GiveWP is one of the most popular plugins when it comes to accepting donations on your WordPress website. It has over 100,000 active installations and a high rating. Some of its features include:
- Reports and statistics of the donations with ability to filter and export them.
- Customizable donation forms.
- Option to add goals to the donations, multiple donation amounts and show terms and conditions.
- Several payment gateway options and accept credit card donations.
PayPal is one of the most preferred payment options around the world. This plugin lets you accept PayPal donations on your website. The plugin makes it extremely easy to get started on accepting donations on your website with the setup ready in just a few minutes. Some of its features include:
- Add the button anywhere on your website to collect donations.
- Accept PayPal as well as credit card payments.
- Various donation button customization options and a button manager.
- Support for 18 languages and 25 currencies.
If you are looking to create fundraisers then Charitable is one of the best plugins for it. With no transaction charges and ability to create fundraisers in minutes this plugin is one of the best options when it comes to accepting donations. Some of its features include:
- No transaction fee charges.
- Create unlimited fundraising campaigns.
- Inherits your themes styles for seamless integration.
- Customizable donation forms with the option to load them as a modal, on the same page or on a new page.
Seamless Donations as the name suggests allows you to seamlessly accept donations on your WordPress website. The plugin is free to use and does not charge any commission from the donation amounts. Some of its features include:
- Accept one-time or recurring donations.
- Accept donations through Stripe or PayPal.
- Designate the donation as a tribute to a specific cause.
- Send customizable emails to donors for appreciation.
- Fully responsive design that works great across all screen resolutions.
The above plugins make accepting donations on your WordPress website quick and easy. You can pick a plugin that suits the best for the type of donation you want to accept.