Providing the customers on your WooCommerce store with multiple payment options is a necessity today. Different customers have different payment preferences and very few payment options on your WooCommerce store is going to lead to them abandoning the cart.
Every payment gateway charges different fees to the merchant for accepting payment. You can levy these fees to the customers during the checkout process depending on the payment option they have selected.
In this article, we are going to show how you can implement payment gateway based fees with the help of Payment Gateway Based Fees and Discounts for WooCommerce plugin.
- Install and activate the Payment Gateway Based Fees and Discounts for WooCommerce plugin.
- Navigate to WooCommerce -> Settings and select the Payment Gateway Based Fees and Discounts tab.
- In the General settings make sure that the Enable plugin checkbox is ticked for Payment Gateway Based Fees and Discounts option.
If you want to set different payment gateway fees for different products then you can tick the Payment gateways fees and discounts on per product basis checkbox.
You can configure other settings on the page too. Once done, click on the Save changes button.
- In the Global Extra Fee tab you can select if you want to add an extra fee for all the global customer payments.
- Next you have Direct bank transfer, Check payments, Cash on delivery and PayPal tabs.
All the tabs have the same layout so we will cover only Direct bank transfer, the rest tabs have the same settings.
Click on the Direct bank transfer tab. Click on the Enable checkbox for “Direct bank transfer” fees and discounts.
Enter the fee title that you want to display to the customer during checkout in the Fee title field.
You will now select the Fee type i.e., either a fixed amount or based on a percentage of the cart amount. Then enter the fee amount or percentage in the Fee value field.
You can also enter a minimum fee value that needs to be charged in the Minimum fee value field.
This is all you are going to need to enable fees based on different payment gateways. You can configure the rest of the settings according to your needs.
Once done, click on the Save changes button.