While email providers such as Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo are secure and good at what they do, we can’t rely on them for privacy. By placing trackers and using our private data to show targeted ads these email providers are exploiting our privacy.
If you are concerned for your privacy then it is best to avoid such email providers. In this article we are going to share some of the best email providers who won’t be snooping on your personal data and maintain your privacy.
ProtonMail is one of the most popular email providers with it’s main priority being the user’s privacy. It is free to use and also offers a premium package for additional features. Some of its features include:
- End to end email encryption which prevents any chance of decrypting them.
- The email provider doesn’t log the IP address of its users. This is one of the best features of this service and helps in keeping the user anonymous.
- Servers are based in Switzerland which prevents the US government from seizing the data on the servers.
Tutanota is another great email provider which gives privacy a higher weightage. It is open source too which helps in building trust. Some of its features include:
- End to end encryption, with non-Tutanota users only being able to view and reply to the message after entering a password.
- Android and iOS mobile apps that help with easy accessibility everywhere.
- Free to use accounts that come with 1GB of space and the premium packages starting at just $1/month.
Mailfence uses the OpenPGP encryption that helps with end to end encryption by sharing the public key with the recipient. Some of its features include:
- Due to the encryption type used no one can view your emails including Mailfence.
- Support for custom domain and 2FA.
- Free to use with a storage of 500MB after which you can upgrade for more storage.
The only downside with the service is that it is only browser based.
Hushmail has been around for some time now with its main focus on the privacy of its users. It has different packages for businesses and provides a 14 day free trial for personal use. Some of its features include:
- It uses the OpenPGP end to end encryption.
- The emails are protected by encrypted passwords which prevents even Hushmail from accessing it.
- Ability to filter spam and blacklist emails.
Protecting your privacy online is very important. There are many services actively looking to exploit it and gather your private data. By using a privacy focused email service you are protecting your privacy up to a great extent.