Every WordPress post is dated by default. While the dates are an important part of the blogs, they may not be suitable for all types of WordPress websites.
In this article, we are going to show how you can remove the date from your WordPress posts easily from your admin dashboard without using a plugin and with the help of a plugin.
Follow the below steps to remove the date from your WordPress posts without using a plugin
- From your admin dashboard visit Settings -> General.
- Scroll down to the Date Format section and select the Custom option.
- Delete any text in the Custom field and click on the Save Changes button at the bottom.
That’s it. All your posts will now hide the date of the posts.
Follow the below steps to remove the date from your WordPress posts with the help of a plugin
- Install and activate the WP Date Remover plugin.
- Navigate to Settings -> WP Date Remover from your admin dashboard.
- Select all the categories you want the post date hidden for and click on the Save all changes button.
All the posts with selected categories will not show their post date now.