Are you looking to take your WordPress website to the next level and build a membership website?
Choosing the right membership plugin is very important if you want a high conversion ratio and retain the members on your platform for longer periods.
Important features a membership plugin must have
- Subscription management
- Easy to use
- Support different membership levels
- Drip content feature
- Support for multiple payment gateways
3 best WordPress membership plugins
It can be confusing and tiring to find the right membership plugin for your website. We have selected the 3 best membership plugins based on many criterias.
Paid Memberships Pro is one of the best plugins that allows you to set up a membership system on your website. It is available in a free and premium plan. One of the best features of this plugin is it comes with a theme which takes the compatibility issue out of the question. Some of its features include:
- A dedicated theme for the membership site.
- Create unlimited membership levels with flexible payment options.
- Ability to create coupons and discount codes.
- Ability to drip content.
- Compatible with various payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe and 2CheckOut.
- Set up recurring billing and payments.
- Discounts for members only.
2. MemberPress –
MemberPress is one of the most popular membership plugins for WordPress. It is an all-in-one solution for your membership website requirements. It’s features include:
- Create unlimited number of memberships and customize the trial period,
- Very easy to set up including ready made thank you pages.
- Ability to drip content to the members in certain time intervals.
- Integrate mailing services such as MailChimp and AWeber.
- Multiple payment integrations including PayPal, Stripe and Authorize.net. Although Authorize.net is only available with the Developer plan.
- You can also restrict access to various contents such as posts, pages, categories or files.
While MemberPress is a feature packed plugin, there is no free plan available to start with. Their plans start from $129/ year.
3. Ultimate Member –
With over 100,000+ active installations and a rating of 4.5 you can’t go wrong with this plugin. This plugin makes the users registration for the membership site very easy. The plugin comes with many advanced features such as conditional logic for form fields. Some of the other features include:
- Front-end user registration and profiles.
- Create custom roles for users.
- Ability to restrict content.
- Developers can also use the various actions and filters provided by the plugin for customization to the membership site.
You can further increase the features of your membership site by integrating the JobBoardWP integration plugin which allows you to add the job board functionality to your site. You can also install the ForumWP forum integration plugin for adding forums to your membership site.
If we talk about free plugins then Paid Memberships Pro is the best option whereas for a paid option which is full of features and support, MemberPress should be your choice.