Are you facing issues with your current host and want to migrate your existing WordPress website to a new host? Migrating a website without a plugin can be difficult and tedious. In this article we are going to share 3 best WordPress migration plugins.
Why you might need to migrate your WordPress website
- Issues with hosting providers – Many times we start with the cheapest hosting provider due to low budget and ignore the hosting provider’s service and reviews. Once the website starts to grow you might start noticing issues such as frequent downtimes, slow servers and many more issues.
- Shift to live version of the website – Many people start building their website on localhost and then shift to a hosting server. A plugin makes it easy to migrate your website.
Below are 3 best plugins for migrating your WordPress website
Duplicator is one of the most popular plugins when it comes to migrating your WordPress website. It allows migrating the website from one host to another easily and also allows taking a backup of the website. Some of its features include:
- Migrate, copy and clone the existing website to another location easily.
- Manually backup the website files and data.
- No need to handle import and export of sql scripts, the plugin handles it all.
- Migration wizard to make the migration process easier.
This plugin is made for people who don’t have much technical knowledge of how WordPress works. It makes exporting the data such as plugins, themes and database easy and gives an option to only export select data. Some of its features include:
- Easy to export all the data of your website including themes, plugins, database and media files.
- No dependency on any PHP extensions. This makes the plugin compatible with almost all the hosts.
- No problem of minimum file upload size due to the files being imported in chunks of small sizes.
3. Migrate Guru –
With support for multi site networks this plugin makes the migration process really easy. Migrating your website is as easy as clicking a button. Some of its features include:
- No need to worry for large site migration as the plugin can handle migration of websites up to 200GB with ease.
- Move multi site or websites with serialized data without using any addons.
- Compatible with almost every web hosting service.
Migrating your website is a very risky task. One small mistake and your data could end up corrupt or unusable. This is why it is important to go with only the trusted plugins. It is also important to take a complete backup of your website before going forward with the migration process.