Shipping is one of the most important parts of the checkout process. The shipping rate calculations can be complex. Depending on the order you have to take into account the product weight, size, the number of items, shipping area and many other variables.
To properly set up shipping on your WooCommerce you will need a plugin that lets you set all the variables according to your needs. In this article, we are going to share a list of free shipping plugins for WooCommerce.
Table Rate is one of the most popular shipping plugins on the WordPress plugins store. It has over 90,000 active installations and a 5 star rating. Some of its features include:
- Calculating shipping costs based on total cart weight or cart total.
- Create unlimited shipping methods and costing rules.
- Option to install add-ons to further extend the functionality of the plugin.
- The pro version of the plugin includes support for shipping classes, shipping rates based on volume, number of products in the cart and product dimensions, overriding rules and shipping coupons support.
The WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping is an all-in-one plugin that simplifies the complex shipping calculations. With more than 20,000 active installations and a 4.7 rating, it is one of the most popular table rate shipping plugins available on the market. Some of the features it owns are:
- Setting logged-in user rules
- Calculating shipping based on weight, item quantity, total cost, country, state, zip/postcode, etc.
- Adding handling fees to the orders
- Hiding shipping methods based on the cart contents
- Including multiple shipping methods
- Including or excluding tax
- Changing shipping method labels based on the cart contents
If you are looking to add shipping methods based on the weight of your products then this plugin should be your choice. It has over 50,000 active installations and a 4.5 star rating. Some of its features include:
- Create unlimited shipping rules based on the order weight, destination and cart value.
- Set free shipping rules based on different conditions.
- The premium version of the plugin supports shipping classes.
If you are looking to add a free shipping method based on different cart conditions such as the order subtotal, quantity and weight then this plugin should be your choice. It has over 40,000 active installations and a 5 star rating. Some of its features include:
- Create a free shipping method based on different conditions such as subtotal, quantity, user role, country, zip code, shipping class, category, weight and volume.
- Multiple OR/AND conditions to be satisfied for applying the free shipping method.
Shipment tracking is an important feature that must be available on your WooCommerce store. This plugin allows your customers to track their orders easily. Some of its features include:
- Supports over 250 shipping providers.
- Display tracking information in orders and automate the orders flow.
- Customize the design layout of the tracking information on the store and in order emails.
Shipping methods on your WooCommerce store directly affects the user experience and improperly set shipping methods can lead to higher cart abandonment’s. Without a good shipping plugin it can be challenging to set up the shipping methods on your store. The plugins shared in this article will help you set up the shipping on your WooCommerce store easily.