An affiliate program is a great way to boost the revenue of your WooCommerce store. Anyone running an eCommerce store knows how difficult it can be to keep growing and bring new customers constantly.
An affiliate program solves that issue by encouraging affiliate marketers to add your WooCommerce store links in their blogs and review articles. This helps bring new traffic and revenue to your store. It also enables your customers to share your store products with their friends and family and earn a commission on it.
In this article, we are going to show how you can set up an affiliate program on your WooCommerce store and start the affiliate tracking. We will be using the Affiliates WooCommerce Light plugin for this. It will also require the installation of an additional plugin i.e., Affiliates.
Steps to set up affiliates for WooCommerce
- Install and activate the Affiliates plugin. Then install and activate the Affiliates WooCommerce Light plugin for integrating the affiliate program for WooCommerce.
- Affiliates menu is added to your admin dashboard sidebar menu. Navigate to Affiliates -> Settings from there.
- Click on the Registration tab. Now select the Allow affiliate registration checkbox under Affiliate Registration.
In Status dropdown you can select whether the affiliate should be auto approved on registration or be manually approved.
Then you can add or remove fields from the Affiliate Registration Form. These are details that the affiliate will have to enter at the time of registration.
Click on the Save button now.
- Click on the Pages tab now. Click on the Generate button under the Generator option. An affiliate page will now be created. The link to the affiliate area for affiliates will be added to the store navigation menu.
- Visit Affiliate -> WooCommerce Integration Light from your admin dashboard. Set the Referral rate you want to pay to your affiliates for their referrals. Click on the Save button.
- That’s it. The affiliate program is now active on your website. You can configure various settings under the Affiliates -> Settings page according to your needs.