Showing events in chronological order of how your company grew helps in building a bond with your customers. It also helps them understand the various milestones your company achieved over the time.
In this article, we are going to share the top timeline plugins that will help you create a perfect timeline of your company.
What is a Timeline?
A timeline is a chronological graphical representation of various important events that occur in a company’s history since its establishment. Of course it is not limited to just a company but a timeline can be used to display any type of event. The scale of the timeline can be anything from hours, days, years or centuries.
Below are 3 top timeline plugins for WordPress
Cool Timeline is one of the most popular plugins for adding a timeline on your website. The timelines created using the plugin are responsive and are created purely through HTML and CSS. Some of its features include:
- Ability to create vertical as well as horizontal timelines.
- Support for Gutenberg block editor. Easily create a timeline using the Gutenberg timeline block that gets added for the timeline.
- Ability to add icons inside the timeline.
- Set the chronology order to ascending or descending.
- Shortcodes for easier integration.
- Add animation effects to the timeline.
2. Timeline Express
If you are looking to create an animated timeline then this is the best plugin for it. Using this plugin you can add CSS animations to your timeline. Some of its features include:
- Create a responsive timeline that is cross browser compatible and will look great across all the devices.
- Use shortcodes to integrate the timeline anywhere on your website.
- Add new announcements to your website which will directly get added to your existing timeline in the correct order.
- Set the chronological display order of the events to ascending or descending.
- Free and paid extensions for additional functionalities.
3. Timeline and History slider
This plugin lets you create a horizontal timeline slider using custom post types that get added to your website on plugin installation. It will automatically order the timeline events based on the post dates. Some of its features include:
- Fully responsive and touch navigation for mobile devices.
- Gutenberg timeline block for creating a timeline easily.
- Custom post type that lets you add title, content and a featured image to the post.
- Shortcodes with many parameters to customize the timeline.
- Navigate the timeline by using the arrow keys.
Adding a timeline to your website can be a great way to make your brand more trustable. It gives a human touch to your company and will help in creating loyal customers. The above plugins should help you easily create beautiful and attractive timelines.