Are you going to make some changes to your WordPress website? Then you should definitely have an under construction page during the development period. In this article we are going to share some of the best under construction WordPress plugins for your website.
During the transition period many things on your website will not work properly and this is a bad user experience. That’s why it is best to show an under construction page.
What is an Under Construction page?
Under construction basically refers to when a website is undergoing some changes in it’s design or codebase. You can show a coming soon or maintenance mode page during that period.
3 Best Under Construction WordPress Plugins
Under Construction is one of the most popular plugins for showing an under construction, coming soon and maintenance page for free. It has over 400,000 active installations and a 5 star rating on the WordPress plugins store. Some of its features include:
- Set an end date and time for the under construction page and the page will automatically disable on the expiry date.
- Option to edit the title, headline, description and content of the page for SEO purposes.
- Mail popups and boxes to collect leads.
- Add social media icons to the page.
- More than 200 themes available with custom CSS option to change the page design.
This plugin by Dazzler lets you turn on under construction, coming soon and maintenance mode with a click of the button. The plugin has over 10,000 active installations and a 5 star rating on the WordPress plugins store. Some of its features include:
- Support for all the WordPress themes.
- Responsive design which fits perfectly across all the devices.
- Customize the title and page description for SEO.
- Display social profiles such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter.
- Show contact info so visitors can contact you.
With over 5 ready to use landing page templates you can get started with this plugin in no time. It has over 30.000 active installations and a 4.5 rating on the WordPress plugins store. Some of its features include:
- Customize the pages including content, colours and background.
- Display social media profiles.
- Track visitors using Google Analytics.
- Subscription forms to collect visitor emails.
- Restrict access for everyone.
- Show a countdown timer of when the website will be accessible to the public.
WordPress gets constant updates and having an under construction page during the development period of your website is important. It will prevent your visitors from seeing a broken website and making the website look unprofessional.