Table of Contents
- Source Code Repos
- IDE and Code Editing
- Version Control
- Web Hosting
- Design and Photo Editing
- CI / CD
- Management Systems
- Programming Help
- Domain Name Registers
- Software Modeling Tools
- Visual Analytics
- Game Development Tools
- 3D Animation and Modeling Software
- Password Managers
- Infrastructure Monitoring
- Software Packs
- Learning Resources
- Data science
Source Code Repos
- Bitbucket [FREE] – Free unlimited public and private repositories for academic users and teams.
- GitHub [FREE] – Personal account (normally $7/month) with unlimited private repositories while you’re a student.
IDE and Code Editing
- JetBrains IDE pack [FREE] – Free professional developer IDEs and tools from JetBrains, including:
- ReSharper Ultimate – Visual Studio Extension
- IntelliJ – JVM based development
- AppCode – iOS/macOS IDE
- CLion – C/C++ IDE
- DataGrip – Database/SQL IDE
- GoLand – Go IDE
- PhpStorm – PHP IDE
- PyCharm – Python IDE
- Rider – .NET IDE
- RubyMine – Ruby IDE
- Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2015 [FREE] – Tool suite which simplifies the design, development, debug, and tuning of code that utilizes parallel processing to boost application performance. Free for students.
- Xamarin IDE [FREE] – IDE for using C# for iOS, Android, Mac & Windows platforms.
- Bootstrap Studio [FREE] – IDE that creates responsive websites using the Bootstrap framework.
- MATLAB [DISCOUNT] – MATLAB is a high-level technical computing language and interactive environment for algorithm development, data visualization, data analysis, and numerical computation.
- ShiftEdit [DISCOUNT] – ShiftEdit is a powerful online IDE for developing websites. Discount for educations. $750 a year for 50 licenses.
- Repl [FREE] – An online IDE that lets you instantly code in over fifty languages.Hacker plan, includes unlimited private repls and multiplayer invites. Free for one year available via Github Student Developer Pack
- GitPod[FREE] – An online IDE for GitHub that provides a complete dev environment with a single click.Free personal plan subscription for six months for students via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Atom [FREE] – Atom is a free and open-source text and source code editor developed by GitHub (Atom – A Hackable Text and Source Code Editor).
- Wisej [FREE] – Build powerful web applications in Visual Studio with C# or VB.NET.Free Wisej Developer license plus free updates for a year.
- PopSQL [FREE] – Modern, a collaborative SQL editor for your team — write queries, visualize data, and share your results.Free Premium subscription for PopSQL while you’re a student.
- SQLGate [FREE] – Simple but powerful IDE for multiple SQL databases.Access to most Standard Subscription features for 1 year.
- Kodika [FREE] – Build iOS applications with drag & drop.Kodika Unlimited Pro subscription free for 6 months.
- Polypane [FREE] – A powerful browser and developer tool that lets developers and designers make better websites and web apps in less time.Polypane free for 1 year.
- Tabnine [FREE] – Tabnine is an AI code completion tool that works on any IDE and supports all programming languages. Tabnine Pro Edition free for 1 year.
- Xojo [FREE] – A cross-platform development tool for making native apps for the Desktop.Xojo Desktop license free while you are a student.
- Yakindu [FREE] – An integrated modeling environment for the specification and development of reactive, event-driven systems based on the concept of state machines.Yakindu Professional Edition free for 1 year.
- Tower [DISCOUNT] – The Git client that brings all of Git and GitHub’s power to the desktop, for Mac and Windows.Free Pro account for 1 year.
- GitKraken [FREE] – Another free-as-in-price desktop Git client. Based on Electron, runs on Windows, GNU/Linux, and Mac. To claim free 1-year PRO license, you must claim your Github Student Developer Pack and sign in to the desktop client w/ GitHub.
- Sentry [FREE] – Open-source error tracking that helps developers monitor and fix crashes in real time.Also included via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Working Copy [FREE] – Powerful Git client for iOS that clones, edits, commits, pushes.All Pro features for free while you are a student via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Github Desktop [FREE] – Focus on what matters instead of fighting with Git. Whether you’re new to Git or a seasoned user, GitHub Desktop simplifies your development workflow.
- Better Code Hub [FREE] -Better Code Hub provides a definition of done for code quality and actionable refactoring feedback for every push and pull request. A free upgrade to an Individual license to analyse your personal private repos.
- Blackfire.io [FREE] – Code performance measurement tool. Find & fix bottlenecks.Free Profiler subscription for students.
- Codecov [FREE] – Codecov makes it easy to implement code coverage to develop healthier code.Free access to Codecov on public and private repositories.
- AcessLint [FREE] – AccessLint brings automated web accessibility testing into your development workflow.Unlimited use for public and private repositories while you are a student.
- Coveralls [FREE] – We help you deliver code confidently by showing which parts of your code aren’t covered by your test suite.Free coverage for unlimited private repos on your personal account.
- Datree [FREE] – Datree is a git-based rules engine for enforcing best development practices, coding standards, and security policies on every commit.Free Pro subscription while you are a student.
- DeepSource [FREE] – Static code analyzer for Python and Go. Detect bug risks, anti-patterns and security vulnerabilities.Free Pro subscription for students.
- Imgbot [FREE] – Imgbot is a GitHub App that automatically optimizes your images.Free image optimization for all your public and private projects while you are a student.
- Restyled [FREE] – With Restyled, automatically re-format Pull Requests to have consistent style.Run Restyled for free on private repositories while you’re a student.
- Side [FREE] – Maximize your engineering team’s productivity by automatically analyzing every pull request.Sider Standard Plan free while you are a student.
- Digital Ocean [CREDIT] – Digital Ocean provides $100 in hosting credit for every student that signs up for the Github Student Developer Pack.
- RoseHosting [DISCOUNT] – RoseHosting offers a recurring 20% discount on all their managed Linux VPS and Shared hosting plans when paying monthly. Students can use the discount by applying the coupon code “STUDENT20”. Valid for new customers only. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
- SiteGround [DISCOUNT] – $1.99/month instead of $3.95/month on their StartUp plan.
- Bip [DISCOUNT] – Static web hosting. Bip provides a 30% recurring discount for students on all plans.
- Education Host [FREE] – Available web-hosting to students in Designer package for free for 1 year & discounted upgrade offers.Available via Github Student Developer Pack.
- NodeHost [FREE] – PHP hosting. 500MB Storage, 80GB Bandwidth, 1 Database, and 2 email accounts per site, 28 day backup history.
- Pageclip [FREE] – A server for your static websites and HTML forms.Free basic plan while you are a student.
- Qoddi [CREDIT] – Qoddi offers $1000 per year for every student
Design and Photo Editing
- Adobe Creative Cloud [DISCOUNT] – Students save big with 60% off Creative Cloud.
- Sketch [DISCOUNT] – 50% off your copy of Sketch when you get an educational license.
- Canva [FREE] – Free 12 month subscription of Canva’s Pro tier via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Icons8[FREE] – Icons8 provides design resources: icons, UI illustrations, photos and software to class up your projects. Full 3-month all access subscription with icons, photos, illustrations, and music via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Figma [FREE] – Receive Professional Team features for free when verified as a student.
- Iconscout [FREE] – Iconscout is design resources marketplace to get high quality icons, illustrations and stock images.Download 60 premium icons per month for 1 year.
- Themeisle[FREE] – Neve’s mobile-first approach, compatibility with AMP and popular page-builders makes website building accessible for everyone. Free year of Neve Agency WordPress theme exclusively for students.
- Ip Geolocation [DISCOUNT] – Free for 50K requests and 50% discount on all paid plans for students.
- Taskade – Team Productivity [DISCOUNT] – Students get 50% permanent discount on Taskade Pro subscriptions. Use the coupon code “students50” on checkout and start collaborating on Taskade with team task, notes and chat.
- Notion.so [FREE] Free pro plan on Notion to Write, plan, collaborate, and get organized.
- Netlicensing [FREE] – A cost-effective and integrated Licensing-as-a-Service (LaaS) solution for your software on any platform from Desktop to IoT and SaaS. Basic Plan free while you are a student at GitHub Student Developer Pack.
- Algolia [FREE] – Hosted search API that provides support from front end to back end frameworks and libraries. 100k records and 1 million operations, valid for 1 year.
- Blockchair [FREE] – Connect to the world of blockchains through Blockchair’s professional APIs — supports most major cryptocurrencies.100,000 free requests.
- Customerly [FREE] – Live chat, behavioural funnels, newsletters, and in-app surveys for SaaS.Customerly Pro free for 6 months.
- Loom Pro[FREE] – Loom is a video recording tool that helps you get your message across through instantly shareable videos.
- Twilio[CREDIT] – Free $50 USD in Twilio API credits & Exclusive in-game items in TwilioQuest for student via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Amazon Web Services [FREE] – Access cloud content, training, collaboration tools, and AWS technology at no cost by joining AWS Educate today.
- Google Cloud Platform [TEMPORARILY FREE] – Access Cloud Services and G-Suite either on a trial of 14 days or register for one year through educational license or by card details.
- Heroku[FREE] – A flexible, easy-to-use platform to deploy, run, and manage your apps. One free Hobby Dyno for up to two years via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Microsoft Azure – Microsoft Azure is an ever-expanding set of cloud services to help you build, manage, and deploy applications. Level up your ideas by learning cloud computing skills and get a $100 credit with your free Azure for Students account—no credit card required.
- Kaltura [FREE] – Kaltura VPaaS simplifies building smart, interactive VOD, Live and real-time video experiences and apps at global scale.$10K/year in Kaltura VPaaS credits while you are a student.
- FlashDrive.io – Deploy any code directly from Git with lot of supported languages out of the box and Docker support. $100 free credits for everyone + $1000 free credits per year with student program (ask [email protected]flashdrive.io)
- Northflank [FREE] – Build and deploy microservices, jobs and managed databases. Perfect for student and university projects and team collaboration. Seamlessly scale containers from version control and external Docker registries. Free tier includes 2 services, 2 cron jobs and 1 database. Or 4 services via Northflank Student Developer Pack.
- Send Grid [CREDIT] – Student plan 15K free emails/month (normally limited to 200 free emails/day) while you’re a student available via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Mailgun [FREE] – Powerful APIs that enable you to send, receive and track email effortlessly.20,000 free emails and 100 free email validations each month for up to 12 months, available via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Testmail.app [FREE] – Get unlimited email addresses and mailboxes for automating email tests with our powerful APIs. Free Essential plan while you’re a student.
CI / CD
- Travis CI [FREE] – Private builds (normally $69/month) while you’re a student available via Github Student Developer Pack.
- StyleCI [FREE / CREDIT] – Free Student Plan with access to StyleCI for up to five private repositories.
- Semaphore [FREE / DISCOUNT]- Free account for students and educators with a 25% discount for qualifying schools and institutions.
- ConfigCat [FREE] – Learn feature flags with the industry leading feature flag service.1000 feature flags, ∞ users for free.
- Stripe [CREDIT] – Web and mobile payments, built for developers. Waived transaction fees on first $1,000 in revenue processed available via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Bitnami [FREE] – Install cloud applications in a single click. Business 3 plan (normally $49/month) for one year available via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Yellow Circle [FREE] – Offers a free online sandbox for students and teachers at all levels to learn and practice IT, networking, and programming skills by creating and configuring virtual routers, virtual machines, and virtual firewalls, load-balancers, and storage devices.
- Vertabelo [FREE] – Fully-featured online tool for database design. Free for Educational Purposes.
- Phrase [FREE] – A cloud-based translation management system built to accelerate the development of multilingual digital products.Phrase Lite Plan free for up to 12 months for students.
- SQLSmash [FREE] – Productivity plugin for SQL Server Management Studio for writing maintainable SQL scripts and faster navigation.Free standard license for students.
- PushBots [FREE] – The easiest way to engage your mobile & web app users via push notifications. Free Premium account for 6 months.
- EverSQL [FREE] – Boost your database performance by automatically optimizing your SQL queries.Free 6-month subscription to the Basic plan
- Weglot [FREE] – Make any website multilingual and manage your translations through a single platform.Free 1-year Pro Plan giving you access to unlimited languages + up to 200k translated words.
- LingoHub [FREE] – Translation management service for web, desktop and mobile apps.Free Professional Plan containing 10,000 text segments for students.
- MongoDB [FREE] – A general purpose, document-based, distributed database built for modern application developers and for the cloud era.$200 in MongoDB Atlas Credits, plus access to MongoDB Compass and MongoDB University including free certification.
- Mapbox [CREDIT] – A mapping platform for developers. 5 GB of storage for your own custom data.
- Transifex [FREE / CREDIT]- A localization platform for translating digital content. 1 Free Year worth $99/month available via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Crowdin[FREE] – Crowdin is a cloud-based solution that streamlines localization management.Bronze plan for 1 year available via Github Student Developer Pack.
- POEditor [FREE] – POEditor is a highly scalable localization management platform for teams.Plus Plan for free for one year.
- HackHands [CREDIT]- Live programming help available 24/7. $25 in platform credit to students via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Evernote [DISCOUNT] – Capture, organize, and share notes from anywhere. Get 50% off a full year of Evernote Premium.
- Covalence[FREE] – Join an exclusive developer community and learn Full Stack web-development with no long-term commitments.One free month of Covalence’s Atomic Plan and two 1-on-1 mentoring sessions via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Transloadit [FREE] – A versatile uploading & encoding API to automate any file conversion. The Startup plan for free, including 10GB of encoding credit.
- Jaamly [FREE] – Helping developers, designers, and startups to launch their apps on the App Store.Jaamly Startup plan free for 6 months.
Domain Name Registers
- NameCheap [FREE/DISCOUNT] – One year domain name registration on the .me TLD, and deeply discounted registrations on .io, .tech, .com, and .website. Inludes optional free year of hosted Ghost blogging platform or Exposure photo website.
- .tech [DISCOUNT] – One year registration on .tech TLD for $0.99, with free renewals for referrals.
- name.com[FREE] – Domain names, web hosting, and websites. One free domain name and free Advanced Security (SSL, privacy protection, and more) via Github Student Developer Pack.
- NameCheap [DISCOUNT] – One year SSL certificate (normally $9/year) via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Shodan [FREE / CREDIT] – Free upgrade (normally 49$) to gain full access to everything shodan has to offer + 100 Export credits. Simply use your academic email address when you signup.
- Cryptolens [FREE] – License and sell your software securely.10 licenses and any number of end-users for free for students.
- Termius [FREE] – SSH client that works on desktop and mobile. Termius securely syncs data across all your devices. Free access to the Premium plan while you’re a student.
- Astra [FREE] – Security suite for your website – firewall, malware scanner & managed bug bounty platform.6 month access to website firewall & malware scanner.
- BrowserStack [FREE] – Test your web apps with BrowserStack’s Real Device Cloud, which gives you instant access to 2000+ browsers and real iOS and Android devices.Free Automate Mobile Plan for 1 parallel and 1 user for 1 year.
- LambdaTest [FREE] – Perform automated and live interactive cross browser testing on 2000+ real browsers and operating systems online.Free LambdaTest Live Plan for one year.
- SOFY [FREE] – SOFY automates your software testing, uses machine learning to create tests, suggests test scenarios based on product changes, customer usage data and runs at scale.6 months of free website and mobile app testing.
Software Modeling Tools
- Astah [FREE] – One Year Professional License
- Axure RP [FREE] – Free educational license of Axure RP Pro
- Vertabelo [FREE] – Visual database design online. 100% free academic accounts for students and lecturers who are learning or teaching database modeling.
- Invision [FREE] – Prototyping and Mockup tool
- Framer [DISCOUNT] – Prototyping tool. 50% off when you get an educational license.
- Vaadin [FREE] – Best open source Java framework for building Progressive Web Applications.Free Pro subscription license to access the commercial components and tools via Github Student Developer Pack.
- CARTO [FREE / DISCOUNT] – Free account upgrades with increased database storage, real time data, Location Data Services Credits, and premium features for 2 years.
- Tableau Desktop [FREE] – One Year Professional License for Students.
- SAS University Edition and SAS OnDemand Academic [FREE] – The SAS University Edition is distributed as a virtual appliance for VirtualBox/VMWare. It runs in NAT mode on the prepackaged VM and hosts SAS Studio for use with a browser on the host computer. SAS OnDemand hosts SAS Studio for use in the cloud without installation. Both are free for students and teachers at any level.
- Appfigures [FREE] – App Store analytics, optimization, and intelligence. Free access to the Grow plan for 1 year.
- Scrapinghub [FREE] – Scrapinghub’s Scrapy Cloud is a battle-tested cloud platform for running web crawlers. Manage and automate your web spiders at scale.1 Free Forever Scrapy Cloud Unit – unlimited team members, projects or requests. Unlimited crawl time and 120 day data retention.
- Typeform [FREE] – Interactive forms, surveys & quizzes to engage and grow your audience.Free professional plan for 1 year.
- Baremetrics [FREE] – Metrics, dunning, and engagement tools for SaaS & subscription businesses.Get Baremetrics for free up to $2.5k Monthly Recurring Revenue while you are a student.
- CodeScene [FREE] – A powerful visualization tool that uses Predictive Analytics to identify social patterns in your code, detect delivery risks and manage technical debt.A free Student account to analyze private GitHub repositories.
- Simple Analytics [FREE] – Privacy-friendly analytics with a simple interface and API.Starter plan free for one year, including 100k page views per month.
- DailyBot [FREE] – Automate daily stand-ups, follow-ups, retrospectives, surveys and feedback for your team.DailyBot Business plan free for 1 year.
- Freshpaint [FREE] – Integrate your marketing and analytics tools with one click.Free Freshpaint Growth Plan while you are a student.
- Raygun [FREE] – Error, crash and performance monitoring for web and mobile apps. Startup Platform plan, free for one year.
Game Development Tools
- Unity3D [FREE] -Accomplish your creative goals using the world’s leading real-time development platform, used to create half of the world’s games.Unity Student Plan free while you are a student.
- Unreal Game Engine [FREE] – Unreal Engine 4 is a complete suite of game development tools. From 2D mobile games to console blockbusters and VR, Unreal Engine 4 gives you everything you need to start, ship, grow and stand out from the crowd. Part of the Github Student Developer Pack
3D Animation and Modeling Software
- Autodesk Software [FREE] – The Free Autodesk Education License includes Autodesk Maya, 3DS MAX, Softimage, Motion Builder, Mudbox, Inventor Professional…
- 1Password – [FREE] 6 months of a 1Password account free. ($3/month thereafter using Personal account)
- Dashlane [FREE] – 1 year of free Dashlane Premium for Students, offer for new and existing users with eligible student emails ($3.33/month thereafter)
- RoboForm [FREE] – Free for students and professors with a valid college or university email address for the first year ($12/year thereafter)
- Datadog [FREE] – 2-Year License for a Datadog Pro account, good for monitoring 10 servers. Part of the Github Student Developer Pack
- HoneyBadger[FREE] – Exception, uptime, and cron monitoring.Free Small account for 1 year available via Github Student Developer Pack.
- LogDNA[FREE] – Log management platform that offers aggregation, monitoring, and analysis of server and application logs at any volume, from any source.Up to 50 GB/month of log storage with 14 day retention for one year via Github Student Developer Pack.
- Netwise [FREE] – Turnkey data centre services for the hosting of critical IT infrastructure systems.Free single unit server colocation package free for 12 months.
- Azure for Students [FREE / DISCOUNT] – Subscriptions provide access to Azure services. Azure for Students gives you $100 credit for 12 months. It includes access to more than 25 free services, including compute, network, storage, and databases. Any charges incurred during this period are deducted from the credit.
- Microsoft Office 365 Education [FREE] – Free access to Microsoft Office 365 software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Teams for students and teachers.
- Intel Tools for Students [FREE] – Free access to the select Intel® Software Development Products, including: Intel® XDK, Intel® Video Pro Analyzer, Intel® System Studio, Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition and Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition (includes Fortran and C/C++).
- IBM Student Developer Community [FREE] – Get easy access to the tools you need to develop the next great thing. Enjoy powerful technical and strategic resources from IBM.
- Figure Eight [FREE] – CrowdFlower is now Figure Eight.Figure Eight is the essential Human-in-the-Loop AI platform for data science & machine learning teams.
- Exploratory [FREE] – Exploratory’s Simple UI experience makes it possible for Anyone to use the latest and the most advanced innovation in Data Science to discover deep insights.Student Registration Available for pricing.
- Association of Computing Machinery with Digital Library [DISCOUNT] – Normally access to ACM and their Digital Library cost $198 USD a year, however, current IT and Computer Science students can get access for just $42 USD a year. The digital library grants access to O’Reilly’s Online Learning platform which normally cost $39 USD a month. O’Reilly’s Online Learning platform is like Netflix for learning material with books and video courses from publishers such as Pearson, O’Reilly, No Starch Press and much more.
- Flatiron School [FREE] – Learn Web Development from the premier coding bootcamp for launching developers. This is an amazing course if you want to go step-by-step. Free one-month membership to Community-Powered Bootcamp.
- Thinkful [FREE] – Learn Fundamentals of Web Development to launch your career as a developer.1 month of access to a web development course.
- SymfonyCasts [FREE] – Master Symfony and PHP with video tutorials and code challenges. Free 3-month subscription for students.
- next.tech [FREE] – Learn tech skills and build software directly from your browser with real, online computing environments. Free access to all interactive courses and cloud computing environments for 12 months.
- Educative [FREE] – Level up on trending coding skills at your own pace with interactive, text-based courses. Get 6 free months of 60+ courses covering in-demand topics like Web Development, Python, Java, and Machine Learning.
- Interview Cake [FREE] – Interview Cake makes coding interviews a piece of cake with practice questions, data structures and algorithms reference pages, cheat sheets, and more. Access to the full coding interview prep course for 3 weeks.
- Adafruit [FREE] – Adafruit is an open-source hardware and open-source educational electronics company based in NYC, USA.One year of Adafruit IO+ and discounts on selected hardware.
- DataCamp [FREE] – DataCamp helps companies and individuals make better use of data. Our users build data fluency while learning from the world’s top data scientists.Free 3-month individual subscription for students.
- Arduino Education [FREE] – Empower scientists and artists of the future with creative STEM programs.Free Arduino Create Maker plan for 6 months and discounts on selected hardware.
- PomoDone [FREE] – With PomoDone, hack and track your time and boost your productivity by applying Pomodoro technique to your workflow — eliminate distraction, sharpen focus and prevent burnout.PomoDone Lite plan free for 2-years.
- HazeOver [FREE] – Get focused while working on your projects or studying with HazeOver for Mac.Free app license, including minor updates.
- Drovio [FREE] – Remote pair programming and team collaboration tool. Free Standard subscription while you’re a student, to be renewed every 6 months.
- Github Campus Experts [FREE] – GitHub Campus Experts are students who build technical communities on campus, with training and support from GitHub.Apply to become part of the program while you’re a student.
- Deepnote [FREE] – The best way to collaborate with others on data science projects. Education plan allows you to create an unlimited amount of Deepnote teams and work with any number of collaborators.