Keeping your WordPress website secure is one of the most important tasks. One mistake and your complete website data and files could be compromised. This could lead to heavy losses for you and damage your credibility.
One of the first steps to make the life of hackers difficult is to hide the login page of your WordPress website. Failing to do so can help the hackers in attempting to brute force your login page to gain access to your website.
In this article, we are going to share how you can hide your WordPress login page with the help of a plugin.
The WordPress login page can be easily hidden with the help of WPS Hide Login plugin. The plugin has over 900,000 active installations and a 5 star rating on the WordPress plugins store.
Follow the below steps to hide your login page
- Install and activate the WPS Hide Login plugin.
- Navigate to Settings -> General from your admin dashboard.
- Scroll down to the WPS Hide Login section. In the Login url field enter the new url that you want and click on the Save Changes button.
- You can also enter where you want unwanted guests/hackers to your old login page to be redirected to in the Redirection url field.
- Once you click on the Save Changes button your old login page will be disabled and you should now use the new url that you set for logging in. Also, if you set a redirection url then all the attempts to access the old logging url will be redirected to your redirection url.
It is important to hide the login page of your WordPress website to prevent hackers from gaining access to your website. Using the steps above you will make it almost impossible for hackers to find your login page.