WooCommerce plugin is good for basic products to sell on the website but it lacks most of the modern features which websites are offering right now such as extra product options. Thankfully today everything is possible using some WordPress plugin.
Today in this article we are going to learn how we can add extra product fields to our WooCommerce website, it’s easy and adds a better purchase experience on your website.
We are going to use Extra Product Options (Product Addons) for WooCommerce plugin for this. This plugin is free to use, it also offers paid premium options but many useful and important options are available for free. We are going to use only free options in our tutorial.
How to install & set up?
- Installation of the plugin is very simple just go to your admin panel and navigate to Plugin>Add New. If you wanna learn more about plugin installation follow this tutorial.
- Now search for Extra Product Options, you will see the plugin as shown above install and activate it.
- Now to add an extra product option go to Products>Extra Product Option.
- Click on Add field, now filed details form will open.
- Now fill in the basic details. For now, I am only adding a simple text field but you can choose whatever you want.
- First, select the field type, then add label, name, and placeholder or the details according to your selected field type. Then click on Next.
- Now you see Display Style Options, in this section, you can add styling to your field using wapper class and label class and also select label position. After that click on Next.
- The next page will show you the Display Rule. You can set the rule for which product, category, or tag you want to show this field. After selecting that, choose do you want is equal to the selected field or not.
- Now type the product names or selected type names and add them, you can add multiples.
- Now click on Save&Close and with this, your new field is available for all the pages you have opted for.
This plugin offers thirteen different field types including color picker and date picker for free. You can see the complete list below.
- Radio Button
- Checkbox group
- Date Picker
- Color Picker
The plugin also offers to create separate sections so if you want to add multiple extra fields based on the product you can easily organize them. This plugin is also fully compatible with many popular WooCommerce themes such as Divi, Sydney, Astra, Hestia, Avada, etc.
Now you know how you can add extra product options to your WooCommerce website. If you know any better plugin or of doing it let me know in the comments. While following this tutorial if you face any issues let me know in the comment below.