It is very important for anyone running a website to understand the necessity of keeping an up-to-date backup of their website. A backup is the only thing that will save you from innumerable losses if your website gets hacked or your database gets corrupted.
In this article, we are going to share 5 of the best plugins which will help you backup and restore your WordPress website in case of a catastrophic event.
With over 3+ million active installations you will not go wrong with this backup and restoration plugin. It is the most popular plugin for backups and lets you backup your website files and data to various cloud services automatically. Some of its features include:
- Automatically backup data to cloud storage providers such as Google Drive, Dropbox and many more. You can also save the backups on your computer.
- It makes restoring the backup as easy as clicking a button.
- Schedule automatic backups in regular intervals.
2. BackWPup –
BackWPup is another great plugin that allows you to backup your entire website into a single .zip file. This makes it easy to restore your website including the /wp-content/ folder. Some of its features include:
- Backup of the entire website including /wp-content/ and database.
- Save the backups to cloud storage providers such as Dropbox and S3. You can also upload the backups on FTP servers.
- The plugin also comes with the ability to detect and fix database errors.
3. WPvivid –
Not only does WPvivid let you backup and restore your website but it also helps you migrate your website data. This plugin has 80,000+ active installations and a 5 star rating on the WordPress plugins store. Some of its features include:
- Schedule the plugin to take regular backups.
- Migrate the website’s data to another host or server.
- The plugin also lets you clean unused images.
4. Backup Guard –
Backup Guard is another plugin that lets you backup, restore and migrate your websites data. It is an all-in-one and complete backup plugin. Some of its features include:
- Option to backup files, database or both. It also lets you select individual tables to backup.
- Support for WordPress multisite network.
- Save the backups on your computer or cloud storage providers such as Dropbox.
- Schedule automatic website backups.
5. Duplicator –
Mainly popular for migrating your WordPress website, this plugin also lets you backup your website data. Some of its features include:
- Simple backup utility to take manual backups of your website.
- Migrate, copy or clone your website data easily.
- Bundles all the website files such as themes, plugins, database and content into a single zip file.